Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I don't need to apologize for God

While working in Southern Louisiana this past winter rebuilding houses that had been destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, it was part of my job purchase supplies. Some days would find me making 5 or 6 trips to either Home Depot or Lowes.

I usually start my day by asking the Lord to orchestrate my steps so as to be a blessing to Him that day.

Upon my first visit to Home Depot one morning I was standing in the checkout line waiting my turn when I noticed that the checkout girl was not having a good day. Her back was hurting her so much that she couldn't even bend over. When it was my turn to check out, I asked her about her back. She replied, "It's killing me."

After I checked out, I was walking across the parking lot toward my truck when the Lord spoke to me. He asked me, "Why didn't you pray for that lady?"

I offered no explanation and then He, anticipating what I might have said, added, "you don't have to apologize for me if I don't heal her, all you need to do is to pray, I am the one who does the healing."

A couple of hours later I was standing in a different checkout line at Home Depot when the same woman walked by me. She walked around a corner to talk to another employee.

Not wanting to disappoint the Lord, I walked over to her and asked if I could pray for her back. Her response was, "Please do."

I put my hand on her back and asked the Lord to touch her and make her whole. That's all, short and sweet.

Two days later I was back in Home Depot, but this time I was in the return line. When I looked at the desk I saw that it was the same lady I had prayed for two days before.

When it was my turn to be waited on she looked over to me and pointed at me while shouting, "There is that guy, the one who prayed for me." She turned to the woman next to her and said, "He prayed for my back."

I asked her, "How is your back?" She answered, "It is great."

As I think back on this story, it is interesting to see how the Lord orchestrated this woman's work schedule and mine so she would get prayed for.

He then made it possible for our paths to cross so she could testify to her healing.

I am not going to hesitate again about praying for someone that the Lord puts in my path. If they are touched, "Praise God." If not, that is none of my business.

It really comes down to our perspective on the book of Acts in the Bible. Is it a history book, or is it an instructional manual?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home