Tuesday, July 26, 2022

What are the two most important days of our lives?

 About 40 years ago, Ruth and I were visiting a church where we all sat around in a circle. It was to be a discussion group and they had a hot topic to discuss.

Here was the topic of the day; What do you see as the church's biggest challenge today?

The discussion advanced around the circle and eventually came to me.

"I think that the answer to that question is obvious."

"The church is dysfunctional and is failing its purpose which is to reflect the light of the glorious gospel of Christ."

The leader then asked me to explain my answer.

"The answer," I said, "Is found in the 12th chapters of Romans and I Corinthians." these two chapters explain how the body of Christ, the church, is to function very much like our human bodies.  Our bodies are made up of many parts and they all have a different function. When each part performs as it was designed to, the body is healthy."

The answer is simply that most  Christians either don't know what their unique gift is or they don't care or even want to know.

I believe that answer was true 40 years ago and is still true today.

How do I discover what my part is so I can contribute to the overall health of the body of Christ?

The first two verses of Romans chapter 12 gives us the answer.

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let then be a living sacrifice--the kind he will  find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." NLT

You probably knew part of the answer to the title of this article, "What are the two most important days of your life?" The first one is: The day you were born.

 The second one is: The day you figure out why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home