Thursday, February 23, 2012

I love to tel the story

I can still remember singing this song as a youngster in Sunday school.  "I love to tell the story, of Jesus and His love."  I think that we sang that song every Sunday. The only catch was that I didn't have a story to tell, but now, Praise God I, have a story to tell and I never get tired of telling the following one.  I posted this story sometime back but I love it more each time I tell it.
Back in the 1700's in France a young teenager by the name of Blaise Pascal fell in love with Jesus and gave his live to the creator of the Universe.

He was a genius in many fields including mathematics and science.  When you study mathematics in college you run across his name and his discoveries over and over.  He is credited with being the discoverer of hydraulics plus other scientific principals.
I run across people who think that only the nominally intelligent folks embrace Christianity but the geniuses are too smart for that faith stuff. Well, here is an example of a genius who is still revered after a couple hundred years and was a real Christian.

One day one of Pascal's colleagues had a discussion with Mr. Pascal.  Pascal opened the discussion with this question, "What do you think will happen to you after you die?"  The man answered, "Since I am an atheist and don't believe in any kind of God, I believe that I will cease to exist."  Pascal's next question was, "What do you think will happen to me when I die?"  The man answered, "You too will cease to exist."

The man then asked Pascal this question. "What do you think will happen to you when you die?"  Pascal's answer was, "Since I am a Christian, I believe that I will spend eternity with Jesus in what the Bible calls Heaven."  His next question was obvious, "What do you think will happen to me when I die?" Pascal answers, "By your own admission, you don't believe in God so you will spend eternity suffering the torments of what the Bible calls Hell."

Pascal now sums up the discussion by saying. " Here is how I see end result of this discussion.  You believe that after we die, we will cease to exist.  I believe that after we die, you will spend eternity in Hell while I will be spending eternity in Heaven.  As I see it, you can't win, and I can't lose."

Praise the Lord, if we are trusting in Jesus for our future, we can lose.

It behooves  everyone to get their future settled before it is too late.  Are you one of the ones who can't win?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home